View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 4:03 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjon View Post
Whoa, Two Union Square has the highest flagpole in the US? Or in this round of comparisons? If so, I totally win -- I can see it out my window! Actually, I have to walk up to the window to see the flagpole, the building is so freakin' tall.
There may be higher ones in Europe, Australia or Asia, but that was the highest I could think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max7
I know Frost is headquarted here. But they chose to build and invest in Austin by building the Frost Tower there which they don't even like in Austin.
I don't like it either. I love it. And I'm not happy about a new squat hospital that is starting to block the view of it from my neighborhood.

And no, Frost Bank did not develop/build the tower. Cousins Properties did. Frost Bank also did not finance the tower. The building was at least half completed and nearly topped out before Frost Bank ever expressed interest in being a tenant in the building. They only signed to take space in the building 3 months before it topped out. Originally the building was to be named Congress at Fourth. And yes, Frost Bank does occupy a large amount of space. Frost Bank took 52,000 square feet in the building. 10% of the building's space. They totally vacated their old offices 5 blocks up the street.

Here's the original article form 2003 on Frost Bank signing for the space.
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsBy...rodtype=hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by max7
What has Austin wealth done for the City of San Antonio, zippo! At least I don't think so
I'd say Austin has helped HEB's sales and a lot. HEB is much less popular in the rest of Texas, namely in Houston and Dallas. Randalls and Kroger have a larger share in Houston than HEB does. We've been shopping at HEB for at least 20 years. We would have done it longer, but there wasn't a store nearby.