View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy007 View Post
I think part of the idea is that if you make it unappealing to park in the city then most people won't take their cars in and use public transportation. I've had to go to NYC a few times this year for various reason and took septa/nj transit cause I know parking will be a pain in NYC.
I agree with you on that. You just reminded me of a trip I took to NY, on my vacation, 5 days in NY, 5 days in DC. (Just doing the touristy thing). I rented a car for those 10 days, (I hadn't driven in a few years while living in Queen Village.) so I rented a car. Washington DC wasn't too bad to drive and park at the time, but when I drove to NY, I spent over 100 bucks just to leave the car parked there all week just about. (This was 1990's prices) Never again. Me and my friend said we would have been better off taking the train, or even the Greyhound. It was nice to sit in the car while driving it, but parking was a hassle. It may have one negative effect, and that Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise may see a drop in rentals.