View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2012, 1:45 PM
America's Mars Rocket

And on the other side of the city the same story, with Johnny it's always "could start in 5 years"
From August 2011

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Residents in the County Line Road area will probably have to wait five years before they'll be able to exit Interstate 565 at County Line Road to get home.

The Alabama Department of Transportation could be in a position to start construction of two additional ramps at I-565 and County Line Road by late 2013 or early 2014, Johnny Harris, the DOT's division engineer for the area, said at a public meeting Tuesday night.

"It's high on the priority list and, so, is a good candidate for funding," Harris said.
The project will add an exit ramp for westbound I-565 traffic to reach County Line Road and an entrance ramp from County Line Road to eastbound I-565.

The entire project, including design, right-of-way acquisition and construction, could cost $30 million.

Harris said right-of-way acquisition could start next year and take a year to 18 months to complete. It would take another two years to build the ramps once construction starts, he said.