View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 7:39 PM
FYHA

Would've posted this sooner, but the email addy I recieve these blasts from the developer is effectively my junk one now. Used to be my primary ages ago, but we all change... Anyway, this was recieved 2/8.

Quote:
Dear *****,

Moving forward into the New Year, Astoria is making some real exciting progress. Our partnership has closed on the land, and the transaction completed. McDonald’s has closed next door, and will soon start on a new building, which is principally a small store with multiple drive thru lanes.

Uptown Houston is about finished with plans to expand the esplanades from Richmond and Post Oak to 610 and Post Oak. There will be a "Trolley" that runs the length of Post Oak, which will be a major plus for the neighborhood. Road construction is starting (I believe) in about 4 months and will take 18 months, which is close to our proposed timeline of completion. We are finishing our entire set of plans, both architectural and mechanical, over the next 45 to 60 days. We will then submit for a permit which is expected (subject to City of Houston delays) in April or May with 24 months to completion.

The final design is still a work in progress, but I am sharing a recent computer-generated image below which will better depict some of the detailing of Astoria. I am also working on the lighting at the crown of the building (this image is also shown below). More details on the coloration, materials and design elements will follow at a later date.

Sales are VERY, VERY GOOD - we have sold 30 of the 69 residences! This was accomplished in a short 5 months. Congrats to our sales manager, Gloria. We have also increased the height of the Astoria to 28 floors, as a client has purchased an entire floor with a pool. So we begin the month of February at 44% SOLD, and have several more clients in serious negotiations.

MORE TO COME SOON!

R D

RANDALL DAVIS COMPANY | 1210 W. Clay, Suite 10 | Houston TX 77019 | 713.526.3222

And the renderings...

Actually included a couple of pics of the McDonald's demo as well...