View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 22, 2010, 8:32 AM
Youth of a Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
To get to Vancouver from here you have to go to Toronto first. Is there no Winnipeg to Vancouver flight that we can use?

I think getting to Calgary requires a stop in Toronto too.

Manitoba could probably use a system like Saskatchewan's. Ontario Northland also runs a rail line, including one up to James Bay. If the line to Churchill hadn't been sold Manitoba could have an identical service.

I think 30 years from now, Ontario will regret not setting up a port on its north coast. When you say "Ontario's North Coast" a lot of people get confused even, as if they don't know that we reach that far up.
HBR, Hudson Bay Railway owned by OmniTrax in Colorado I believe. Its actually weird but in order to travel on the rail you will travel outside of Manitoba into Saskatchewan then back into Manitoba. I guess at the time of surveying that was the best scenario as the lakes are not a good way to setup a track so close by.

Well I guess when Air Canada Moves EVERYTHING to Toronto they reduce costs thus allowing for more direct flights. Whereas WestJet just likes to give you the opportunity to never experience a direct flight after enjoying it. Limited time offer.