View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 2:18 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Come to Austraila if you want to talk about a nation's media being ''obsessed" with the UK. Canada isn't as infatuated nearly as much.

But regardless, I'd rather our media be obsessed with the UK as opposed to that crap we are attached to the south. We are a Commonwealth country; let keep with our Commonwealth roots. If anything, we should be up in arm about the amount of Yankee influence that has plagued this country. Seriously, who wants to be like them anymore?

Bring on CANZUK.
isaidso has issues with Canada retaining ostentatious ties to Britain. I am not an Anglo-Canadian or really an anglophile but I tend to be on the same side as you, and think that a bit more Britishness might serve as a bit of a counterweight to the American juggernaut that too often subsumes everything else, be it of Canadian, British or any other origin.

(I actually thought about this topic when I noticed that CBC was broadcasting the BBC's Royal Christmas Holiday Show or something like that over the weekend in prime time.)

And on a related note, this week the main private TV network in Quebec TVA (similar to CTV or Global - probably more CTV as it's top dog in the ratings) has programmed what it calls "Cinéma de Paris" in prime time. So basically every evening their prime time schedule is devoted to blockbuster movies from France.

Obviously you'd never ever see CTV or Global do something like that.