View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 21, 2012, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Ridiculous. They're saying traffic is the reason for their concern, but actually they're no doubt concerned about their views going away. What about everyone else that has to see that fugly east wall of the Plaza Lofts...

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/pr...-proposed.html
yeah... traffic is BS. It's downtown. There is traffic. It is about view and they are using every tatic possilbe. I understand, but this is about reasonable expectations.

Anyone who bought on the south side of that building should have had a reasoanble expectation that another tower would be built on the south side. It is downtown and It is not a protected view. The builders made one correct assumption by builiding a plain wall to the east. The only easement that is reasonable to the south is the alley. If you look at the Austonian, part of the very smart oval design we to ensure that as another tower is built to the west and north, you will have some views left because of the curve. Nope folks on the south side of this building are fucked. They took the risk.

Now if you were talking about the west view. Then I would bitch if the city sold that park and something were built. I would call that a resaonable expectation that a public park would remain so. OR, say a view corridor that was a law. Those fights I would support.