View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2005, 7:30 AM
Operator No. 9

PracticalVisionary, nice fantasy map. a few questions for you: what's the difference between the regular LRT lines (e.g., blue) and the "LRT trunk line(s)" (e.g., vermont)? is that an extension of the red line a short distance south along the river? or merely the existing yard? finally, is the distinct linear corridor slicing southeastly across long beach from willow and long beach blvd. on the blue line an old PE ROW? it appears to head toward seal beach/orange county. know if there are any plans or ideas (maybe yours? ) to run transit along that corridor? actually, looking at google maps, it does appear as if it runs all the way to seal beach. maybe an old freight line? or indeed PE? old rail rights of way fascinate me, as i wonder what it must have been like when trains actually ran there. the east bay in the bay area has several abandoned ROWs, some converted to trails, some developed over. bye bye, history.

and if you ever find that track map, i hope you post it here.

Lucius, what program(s) did you use to create those maps? very sharp, professional.