View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 4:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Falbo's is the one on South Water Street between the Springhill Suites and the UPMC complex, I believe.

Ultimately I am more or less indifferent between possible uses on the riverfronts, as long as the buildings are acceptable in scale for the location--in fact lots of people spend more time sitting in an office than they do awake at home.
I would just much rather see (and it would ostensibly make more sense based on the size and configuration of the tract) a residential "tower" with ground floor restaurant/bar/patio on the site than an office building with the same. Put the office building where the residential developments are going and bring a quality residential project to the still vastly-underutilized Pittsburgh riverfronts.

You shouldn't have indifference about this -- at least not if you are interested in modern best practices in urban waterfront design. People sitting inside a closed-off office building does very little for the exterior atmosphere compared to the residential alternative (no matter how long people may be sitting inside at their desks -- and the vast majority will certainly not be sitting inside that office building on the weekends, nor at night). This is a