View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpG_GuY View Post
I agree, however it's so disheartening to see what we lost, wpg truly could have been the Paris of North America if we hadn't lost all of south and north main to p&m and some of the magnificent building that were demolished along portage ave.

For the past 15 years I've heard In 5 years the exchange will be a completely different neighborhood, I finally feel like this statement is more true than ever before.
Couldn't agree more. It's drastically different than even 3 years ago. While their are definitely still numerous under-utilized buildings, there's very few abandoned ones left - aside from the atrocities on Albert Street.

With the momentum in full swing in the Exchange, and the neighbourhood really standing on its own 2 feet right now (no thanks to the BIZ), I really think it's time we start looking at Chinatown. How does the Exchange lead into it? How do we make them blend but still keep CT's distinctive flair... unfortunately I don't think some of the new lighting installed was a great start.