View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2008, 12:19 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Surprise, surprise, Merryl wants a supersweeet deal like Goldman got. Will the City do it? I tihnk not, that's a lot of money in taxes to miss out on.

Upping the tower by 500k sqft is adding 20%, not 14%. So if 14% was the larger option, that means more design work before we see anything rising. If it takes a few months longer but the tower is 20% bigger... I'm ok with that.
The city and state have said they wouldn't, but there's a new governor now, and everyone involved wants to keep Merrill Downtown. So I'm thinking action will speak louder than words here, and Merrill will get something extra. But if they also get to own the tower, and not lease from Silverstein, that's already sweetening the pot.

The change in Tower 3's foundation has also put Tower 4 on hold, meaning they are possibly altering that one as well. That could possibly mean a slightly smaller foundation for Tower 4, which could lead to a slightly taller tower. And it should be taller if Tower 3 grows.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.