Thread: London Roads
View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2012, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_in_Cbus View Post
Even if they don't want to widen that stretch of Richmond, they can at least get parking off of the street, something that would likely do a whole lot to improve traffic flow.
I've been saying that a while. It makes sense having parking at certain times (weekends, even daytime before rush hour) but it's utter stupidity to have cars rush hour parked on Richmond. Plenty of side streets to park and walk without making downtown a zoo.

I just saw the plan, pretty pathetic as has been said earlier BRT instead of LRT and that is only contingent on senior level funding, no plans of interchanges in VMP.

There are some glimmers of hope. Calls for Wellington to be 6 lanes from the 401 to Horton is a huge surprise IMO. Oxford to be 6 lanes from Richmond to Hyde Park are also interesting. Both those would undoubtedly require serious expropriation, and huge infrastructure investments (2 new bridges and an widened overpass) though would be a huge relief to traffic. Unfortunately that sorta leads me to believe that they won't happen but always nice to plan.