View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2011, 6:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
An iphone app would be awesome. I go to LSU and they have an online GPS system...it's pretty sweet to say the least. Definitely helps in the middle of August too when it sucks to wait 20 minutes while slowly becoming drenched in sweat.

And yeah, everytime I've been on the streetcar in the past 2 years or so it seems full of a lot of local downtown workers. The Canal line obviously has a more local ridership but especially on the weekends there are plenty of young locals waiting for the streetcar on Saint Charles or Carrollton esp. at Oak. I think it's in our general nature as New Orleanians to assume anyone who's not in a business suit or hotel uniform on a streetcar is a tourist but I tend to think a lot of the people riding are locals going for a day in the city.

Also, I second that around One Shell Square there are tons of business people waiting for the streetcar. Also, there's usually a ton of them waiting on Saint Charles right before Canal.

I agree about the assumption that its tourists when it often isnt. However, whats wrong with tourists using mass transit too. The point is people use it and thats all that matters.