View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 25, 2007, 4:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
Let's brainstorm some ideas that we can bring up in the meeting tomorrow at YBCA. I can be kind of a loudmouth, and very opinionated, but don't like talking in front of groups of people unless I am 100% confident in what I'm saying, which means references, statistics, and facts are a MUST!

SFView.. i got your message.. thanks! I agree that the Transbay Tower should be the tallest tower for some time to come, even taller than the Piano proposals, which means we have to make it taller than TAP by far.

I am purely focused on the skyscraper portion of this project, so CalTrain extensions, possible HSR tracks, etc. don't interest me (at this moment) as I believe this is a step by step process.

What kind of ammo do you think I would need to counter the NIMBY arguments . I don't want to be caught off guard and look stoopid!!
You might let the people running the workshop do most of the explanations at first. They should be giving an introductory presentation at the beginning of the workshop that will cover major issues regarding the proposals, and the workshop itself. There is also the revealing of the Competition designs to wait for on August 6, 2007 as well. The July 25 Workshop Meeting will be the first of more to come in the months ahead.