View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2017, 11:18 AM

Don't agree at all that the only political choice is the Liberals.

The simple reality is HSR will only become a reality if there is economic numbers to justify it. Government alone cannot built and operate this megaproject. The Private sector must be involved. The other parties can also accomplish this as easily as the Liberals.

In the end HSR is not an election issue in the coming years as there is far more important things that need to be addressed such as trade, energy and healthcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoofy View Post
I understand the negativity around here after this announcement, but can we all please take a second to look on the bright side? At least the Liberals are taking their time with this mega-project and exhausting all of the options before spending our hard earned tax payer money.

The original plan had a cost of ~$15billion for the Toronto-London phase. The new plan costs ~$4billion for that same phase. The first plan was unrealistic and I myself am very happy that they didn't just go ahead and waste our money, especially considering that the second plan is only 10-15 minutes longer for that same distance!!

Of course I hope that the Liberals aren't just using these announcements to make us all believe that they will do it, and instead, they really DO do it. Sadly, as was stated by another commenter, our only real political choice for getting Ontario the infrastructure investment that it needs is the Liberals. If we want to have any hope of getting the transportation systems that all of us in Ontario deserves then we need to continue putting pressure on the Liberals to deliver on their promises.