View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 28, 2008, 8:18 PM

HAMILTON | Beach Strip

HAMILTON NEIGHBOURHOODS:
CorktownDurandCentralDundasLocke St. SouthBurlingtonStinsonWestdaleSt. ClairKeithLandsdale
The DeltaGibsonJamesvilleConcession StreetDurand NorthDurand SouthOld Dundas HousesHess VillageBarton Street
AncasterNorth KirkendallSouth KirkendallMcMaster UniversityDowntownThe BayfrontThe North EndKenilworth
Mountain BrowTextile DistrictStrathconaNorth StipleyFlamboroughBeasleyChedokeStoney CreekThe Beach Strip

HAMILTON FEATURES:
C I T Y _ L I G H T SStone HamiltonTwilight of the Industrial AgeTwilight of the Industrial Age II
Stone in Dundas and AncasterGoodbye, Hamilton (from 43 floors up)Dirty BrickDay for Night
This broken down old city still manages to wake up every morning...Everywhere, Ontario< R - E - T - R - O >
HAMILTON | Scenes from the cutting room floorS U B U R B I A !Everywhere, OntarioHamilton Rowhouses
< H E A V Y <> I N D U S T R Y > Old Man Winter vs. Hamilton

The Beach Strip

If you've ever taken the QEW over the James N. Allen Skyway between Burlington and Hamilton,
your eyes were probably fixated on the giant smoke belching steel mills of Hamilton Harbour.
But far below the skyway there is actually a vibrant neighbourhood that spans the long strip
of sand that separates Burlington Bay from Lake Ontario. In Victorian times, Hamilton Beach
was a summer playground for Hamilton's elite. Over the years, the neighbourhood has had its
ups and downs, but luckily, the current trend is up. Over the past few years many of the
remaining Victorian houses have been renovated while new developments are filling in the
blighted areas. The entire length of the beach strip is accessible and open to the public and
remains popular for summer recreation.

Last edited by flar; May 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM.