View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 7:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihikid View Post
A few weeks ago, i discovered my favorite house near my office got knocked down. I had been working from home the day it happened, but who ever did it, did it quick. I posted about the house a few months ago. It was built in the late 1890's and survived the 101.

Another view

It's a shame to see such a lovely old building get destroyed. Isn't there any better alternative for a 120 year old building than to be demolished?

Here's the house in happier times (Google Maps) - it was easy for me to find it, what with Queen of Angels hospital (aka, “Dream Center”) so clearly visible in the background of your photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihikid View Post
On a happier note, I had an elks club luncheon the same day i found out about the house. I was super close to the Glendale Station and took some pics.

It's a real gem.
It sure is a gem.

The Glendale Station is often (and incorrectly) claimed to be the station from the classic noir film, Double Indemnity. The scene was actually filmed at a station in Burbank (with a phony “Glendale” sign tacked on), which you can read about here.

(Photo courtesy of SilentLocations.wordpress.com)

The Glendale Station, was, however featured in many other films, such as Buster Keaton’s College (1927), and Van Helfin’s Act of Violence (1948), both seen below: