View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 4:42 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Skinny jeans (or pants) and pointy shoes.

I dunno, somebody must think this looks cool.

I have Salomon shoes that I rock out on my 40ish minute walk to work, and casually when I am out and about...gasp! Although I should mention I am married and a father, so I am certainly not out to impress anyone...
I am married and a father as well. I am hardly a "fashion statement" type of guy, but I do confess that after doing a workout of any kind I do change into more urban clothes and footwear if there is even the slightest possibility of making a stop along the way home.

What's funny is that I rarely go out dressed in a way that I would describe as "bummy", but the other day I had no time and no choice, and when I dropped into my local shawarma place to pick something up on the way home from the gym, strangers were actually looking at me differently - it was really weird. I mentioned this to my wife when I got home, how people really do look at you differently depending on how you are dressed. And how we probably don't realize how people are looking at us when we are dressed in our "normal" way (whatever that is) because that's the "normal" reaction for us, and it's only when we dress differently that it jumps out at us.

This is true even in Gatineau, which is not exactly Paris or even Montreal for that matter...