View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 10:36 PM
Dérive-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvanman View Post
Silly me,
I forgot, I know nothing. I forgot that I was talking to a friend whose wife is on council, who shared that tidbit with me. I forgot that I never said it was for sure, that there was "talk". I forgot to mention that it is common knowledge that the limit used to be 400ft and then went to 500ft and now rests at 600ft, but in a clause stating that a possible extension is available based on a projected study of urban sprawl that is yet to come. How dare I.
FYI, you should give all the background information first time around when it comes to significant rumours such as the one you posted. Like leftcoaster said, many of us are religious about hunting down such information so throwing about rumours without any sources cited can be most definitely frustrating. And seeing rumours of that magnitude coming from somebody with only a couple posts on the forum can make many people skeptical. When people see such rumours on this forum they are prepared to pounce on it in an attempt to verify any accuracy. Try not to take it personally. Seeing such a wild rumour without anything to back it up, and coming from a relatively new person to the forum can lead people to assume you're just some punk kid posting some rumour generated by some other punk kid over on SSC.