View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ptor View Post
No, it's a new proposal on the same spot. It has both the backing of the city (in fact it even has the support of the Green Party!!! since it will include a new huge bus terminal) and a major tenant (it will be the new headquarters of the German Rail (DB) in Frankfurt).

The first renderings should be released soon, the only thing that's known so far is the height of 210m, which would make it the third tallest in Frankfurt and Germany, 2m higher than Westendstr.1.

I have the feeling the more towers are being put on hold in london, the more towers are getting started in frankfurt. frankfurt will get hit by the worldwide turmoil in the financial sector - no doubt about it. but right now, it seems as if the boom isn't stopping but getting stronger - and all these projects already have anchor tenants.

the bahn tower is pretty certain now - the opposition fell quickly. if we're lucky, we'll see a 230m DG Bank tower too - that would be 2 x 200m+ towers nobody was expecting. plus all the others, that started or are about to start.

the only tower, that I'm worried a bit, is kaiserkarree. it is being redesigned completely right now - the height will be increased from 135m to 150m. that would be the only speculative project right now, unless tishman speyer is in secret talks with somebody. construction is planned to start beginng of 2009. I wonder, if this will really go ahead speculatively, in times like these.