View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2012, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
Her neighborhood? I wouldn't even walk around there at night because it still sketchy as shit due to the empty lots and incoherent, dark alley, nature of everything. Its a bit better near the hydrostone, but just marginally.

If a nice tall building with alot of people was built on this lot, I would feel more secure that somebody would come to my aid if something were to happen. At this point I don't even see people walking around here hardly at all during the evening... which is somewhat indicative.
I walk the area all the time at night. It is sketchy as hell but its a nice change to get the sidewalk all to yourself.

I just trust that if anybody tries to rob me at night the drug-addict that hides near my place at night will come to my rescue (or at least distract the theif).

Quote:
This is beyond NIMBY, this is BANANA tactics. I'm sure we'll find out that this person is involved with some group that doesn't like development, I'll guess enviro-people. Ah, did all of them skip the chapter on the benefits of density... oh, I forgot, height is for evil capitalists who want to build pipelines.
I sense some sarcasm here and thats fine but I would like to point out I volunteer for an environmental group here in HRM that is not anti-development. We do advocate for environmental protection but we never say adding more people to the area is a bad idea (rather its great for trail-building and environmental awareness).

Quote:
These two converted houses are absolutely eye gougingly ugly. Halifax should focus on the way our landscapes look and are organized, the height is really secondary. I'm not down for bulldozing neighborhoods, but this area of the city is hardly a neighborhood in certain parts along here, its more like an industrial wasteland of lots that need to be converted to high density developments so we can solve our public transportation and other issues.
LMAO!

That describes my neighbourhood exactly. For security reasons I won't post what my neighbours are but lets just say they are even more random then the places near this proposal.