View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Sinclair View Post
So, based on the many recommendations on this board, I went to Bronzies today.

Not brilliant. The staff were very friendly, the food was generously portioned, but the 'baller I had was uninspired. Crappy sauce over decent meatballs on a corner store sub roll. I will come back for the pizza before I completely write it off.

Best sandwich shop in town that I've found is Paninoteca on Upper Upper Upper James (south of Rymal Rd). Fresh homemade sauce and bread, huge portions. Just don't go there for dinner, they close at 7!

Also, the bifana sandwich at the Portuguese bakery on James north is out of this world.

The paninis at Ole Gourmet (locke south) are also decent, if you have the time to wait while Frank simmers the meat in the sauce for you. He uses all organic, local meat and veg, too.

When I moved to Hamilton, I expected this town to be swarming with cheap, authentic Italian sandwich shops, but so far, I have not found one that has really blown me away. Where's the best 'baller in town?
I don't like Bronzie's entrees either, but their pizza is very unique.