View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 7:06 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Well what else is new? It's not like people complaining about tall buildings is a new thing in this city, heck there's still people who are against building highrises in DT Lol. What I can't get about their argument is it goes against preserving anything let alone the environmental impact. Tall buildings with small footprints are way better for the environment than low level, large footprint buildings. I Guess they would rather see more of the hill country bulldozed and more cookie cutter subdivisions and crappy strip malls built ever farther out which actually causes more traffic not less. Their arguments are mute and totally baseless IMO and contradict their own stance. I find it hilarious but I don't take them lightly either. If we've learned anything about city politics over the last few decades, we know NIMBYs can be a powerful force within the political system and its about to get even more complicated and down right nasty.
Oh man, this one guy actually said that commercial properties aren't required to have green space on their property, which is true of course, and he said that's the reason why you don't see open space next to The Austonian and other condos in downtown.

Sometimes I think people should go bask to elementary school.