View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 8:18 PM

I went to UK for four years, now i'm in Chicago. It's definitely not a big city, but the downtown has good nightlife, art galleries, and restaurants. Plus when Keeneland season comes around and you get to dress up and got to some horse races and its 70 degrees in October, you'll be happy you're not in Denver. The Downtown Development Authority in Lexington does a good job and is working and creating a better live/work/play district around Rupp Arena too. Plus they are one of the best biking cities I've ever seen. It is a true built version of The Garden City, with a spoke wheel layout leading to the farms just outside. But also it was the first US city to mandate a building boundary (which places like Portland have since adopted), so sprawl can only go so far, and then by law the farms and bluegrass region are protected. This rule is helping to keep Lexington relatively dense, and should prevent future sprawl issues. Overall its a nice town, and if you don't like it, Louisville and Cincinnati are only an hour away!