View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2012, 11:25 AM

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingyao View Post
Are the air-conditioning equipment on that roof on the lower building polygon modelled or is it a texture, it looks very convincing.
Yes, it's mostly 3D, only the minor detail is 2D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Really like the outcome of this city, but I hope you keep the textures of the streets you had.
If you mean the cracked road textures, then I can tell you that they're not going anywhere. I won't be using them for the whole city, though. City of Bourne isn't rich but it still has money to keep the streets in the downtown area in a decent shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiteur View Post
I'm enjoying this because I grew up a short drive north of Syracuse, just south of the eastern edge of Lake Ontario (I hope "Bourne" has a lot of snow removal equipment). So to try and imagine that area with a metro the size of Buffalo's is difficult but amusing. A set of soap operas used to have a fictional city called "Port Charles" further west along the lake shore.

Nice work. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
I've been wondering why there is no major city in real life. Looking at the map one might think that it could be a good place for a port city - it's pretty close to the start of Saint Lawrence River.

An update: