View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2008, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
Thats false. We actually have an economy/weath/urabanity so we pay more in taxes, its not a product of the state not bein taken care of.

As to the eco-bridge, anyone thinking this should be built (or that its a serious proposal and not a VISION) is acting delusional. We have a decaying, crippled, and insuffcient public trans system that nearly dies EVERY YEAR and you peeps want to spend money on a bridge to nowhere? Pull for some real projects instead...public trans, covering the railroad tracks, a permenant olympic stadium...something of REAL worth to the city instead of a pipe dream.

...this doesn't even take into account the complete bastardization of the lakefront if that tower was built. NIMFY on that. "A common to remain forever open, clear and free of any buildings, or other obstruction WHATSOEVER.” Never surrender our lakefront.

I don't think we care if it's visionary or real, but the fact that it will transform the lakefront.

Yes, money is needed for other things as well. I don't think anyone here is arguing that point.

We don't need a permanent Olympic stadium. We don't need a white elephant permanent stadium like Athens. Not unless we were to bring in another professional sports team.

This would not bastardize the lakefront at all considering it's just a more modern, eco friendly version of Burnhams proposal. Forever open free and clear my ass! If you think that you'd also be fighting the boats in the harbor seeing as half the year they clutter the space.

You lack vision.