View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Totally agree! Adding insult to injury, it's completely misplaced in tribeca. Frankly, it reminds me of a young kid who hasn't yet figured out how to stack his blocks properly.
Clearly that's a matter of opinion. I happen to like the building quite a bit. I will say it was hard finding a picture that did it justice. I think it looks far better in person than in those renderings and photos I provided a link to. I'm not sure why it's misplaced in Tribeca. That area is pretty artsy and follows a vibe of its own. This building fits both to me. Maybe the architect was indeed trying to play with the idea of a kid trying to figure out how to stack blocks. Maybe he was playing Jenga and was amazed with the concept of balance that comes from the imbalanced placement of objects. Whatever his motivation, it is a building that draws quite a bit of discussion. From the discussions I participated in and overheard most people were intrigued with the building and most liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGreeneNY View Post
We have a couple of Jenga buildings, the one in TriBeCa, and one in Jersey City that's slated to become triplets...

https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-u...r-square-foot/
I was recently in NYC and attended an evening event held on one of Hornblower Cruise boats that leaves out from Pier 40 on the west side of NYC. The cruise first went up the Hudson a bit across from Hoboken. Then it turned south and went down the Hudson to the end of Manhattan then took a turn to go up the East River between the Manhattan Bridge and the Williamsburg Bridge. To say the least there were just so many spectacular sites of both the New York City (Manhattan/Brooklyn) and various New Jersey (Hoboken/Jersey City) skylines. Brooklyn and Jersey City are just off the chain with growth right now. Absolutely amazing what is happening in both areas. Jersey City's skyline is growing more and more impressive each and every time I see it. I really like how the Jersey skyline compliments lower Manhattan. I often stay in Jersey City because the hotel rates are generally less expensive and I can hop on the Path. I really wish developers in Nashville would really take a look at the buildings going up in Jersey City. The developers there seem to be creating a very distinctive skyline that isn't competing with lower Manhattan but like I said complimenting. I'd like to see the same thing in Nashville in relation to the CBD and Midtown. Especially as you transition from the CBD to Midtown. I'd really love to see that happen on the East Bank in Nashville as well.