View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 3:10 PM

I think the Barnyard BBQ is done.
It's been "closed for renovations, opening soon" for more than a year.

I live nearby and went a few times. It was not to my taste.
The last time I went, we were the only ones there. We ate on the patio, after which I leaned back and lit up a smoke since there were no other patrons. (I wouldn't smoke if there were others eating, even outdoors on the patio.) The waitress brought the bill and asked if we minded if she snuck in a smoke as well. No problemo. So she SITS DOWN AT OUR TABLE and fires up and regales us with tales of her daughter's first menstrual cycle, and subsequent menstrual cycles that followed, in the greatest of detail! I was stunned to say the least! I know this ain't the Ritz Carleton but come on!
Then the cook sticks his head out the door and notices the waitress sitting with us having a smoke and yells to the other staff that hey everybody, the party's out here. Next thing we know, the entire staff of the restaurant and brewery are sitting with us, at our table, chatting among themselves and puffing away oblivious to us.
I kept looking around for the Just For Laughs hidden cameras, but not having found any, I never went back.
Truly a surreal experience.