View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
It is far more unrealistic to think they should build any towers in LA. It is absolutely inevitable that a major quake is coming your way and I don’t care how you build those buildings, many of them will come down.

As for New York, New York is New York it will always be THE city especially when it comes to skyscrapers. Dubai may have the tallest, but it will also be the emptiest and LA will always be the “wanna be”.
My opinions have have changed a little since this comment I made.
Wanna be? As we speak, our development ordinances are being revised, something we haven't done literally in decades since the early 20th Century.
That is what every non-wanna be city does.

What many fail to realize is that Los Angeles was indeed a city of what was considered then High-Rise development before the oil companies came in.
And what many fail to accept is that the skyscraper does not exclusively belong to one city.......period.
It is not , , , or , but rather simple logic. It is not that hard to understand or comprehend.

That does not mean I support wasting profit from oil to build Superscrapers for no economic purpose, when that large sums of capital made from a fossil fuel could and should be used for bringing people out of poverty.

Last edited by JDRCRASH; Dec 31, 2007 at 7:31 AM.