View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbeen View Post
I'm glad you have your own thread!. I love your Downtown updates, whether it's through photos or just observations. It also sucks to hear about the increasing vandalism going on around Downtown. Last I've seen was from Mojeda's update about the Rialto marquee getting attacked.

About the rumored Trader Joe's, I believe it's going to be in The Bloc. If I could ask, has there been any major changes of Macy's Plaza?

Also, what's up with the MyFig project? Has it not started yet?
Thanks!

Yes the Rialto marquee had some of their neon smashed (south side) - their having it remade now though I don't know how long that will take. The Tower facade was also tagged around the same time.. May Co is being consistently tagged, as is Commercial Exchange now. From what I can tell the taggers in DTLA are conspiring via Instagram. They discover which buildings they can get into by seeing where other people post pictures from, then they go and tag it (and often take images of them tagging and post to Instagram to brag). I've taken this information to the police, and to property owners several times - nothing ever comes of it.

Yes the Trader Joes is practically confirmed for The Bloc. This means Ralphs, Smart & Final, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods, will all be within just a couple blocks of each other.

Macys Plaza is pretty torn up at the moment - I'll try and snap some pictures this week. Its mostly interior work so far.

Unfortunately no work has started on MyFig yet.