View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2018, 8:25 PM
Babylon falling

Will: I hear what you are saying I was thinking with a lack of "Wins" lately by city government they might try to speed up the process on a Horton Redo seeing that it sits right in the heart of downtown and you already have one huge white elephant sitting in Mission Valley. Do they really want a dead mall to languish in the heart of their downtown? So maybe they would work with the state to bypass CEQA.

Think about it Chargers gone, No new stadium, no new arena, Manchester Pac Gateway really had nothing to do with the city they lagged on it actually, Seaport Village laaaaging, Harbor Island redo..... Etc Etc. The city needs a win they need something to point to and say look we got something done! I guess this convention center expansion looks like it will only need a 50% vote now but that is about it. Plus they have to pay off the 5th Ave landing guys 30 million.

What do you guys think about building the expansion on the lot right behind Petco possibly with a Hotel on top AND getting that nice 5th ave landing Hotel built? So no contiguous expansion but you get that bad ass hotel and total revamp of the bayside walkway. That seems like a Win Win to me.