View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
It is a dense neighborhood and no thanks to the tourists. Suburbanites are annoying enough.
I should rephrase; it's not as dense as it should be. It's obviously a very nice area and dense I suppose (for Winnipeg standards) but I can see the area building up even more than it is. I'm just saying that the areas can do better and that it's a little shocking to see an area with high retail demands go to waste.

Watch yourself, those "annoying suburbanites" contribute to the areas' economy and liveliness. Osborne and Corydon are one of the only reasons suburbanites go downtown. Don't get your suspenders in a knot because people from different areas of the city legitimately enjoy Osborne and Corydon. It's a good thing that there is some movement between Winnipeg's suburbs and they contribute to the area's economy .

Authentic City: Maybe it's a personal thing I have but I don't think that Osborne (disclaimer: although a nice area) holds a candle to Gastown or Queen Street. Winnipeg is a different city but it can hold itself to similar standards that the other major cities hold themselves to.