View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Can you clarify the the word in quotation marks in the bolded sentence. If it's can or can't. I assume can't. Thx

It's just odd that your comparing 2 areas in Winnipeg(Osborne/Crescentwood), to 2 of the largest urban centers in the country, Gastown/Queen, Van/TO.
I definitely am saying that Winnipeg should hold itself to similar standards that the big cities hold themselves to.

Winnipeg is a medium sized city that gradually grows. Of course I'm going to compare to the largest urban centres in the Country, for the most part they are doing things right in terms of development and I think that Winnipeg can take a page from their book so to speak. Winnipeg may be gradually growing but if it's heading in the same direction (and I'm speaking about gaining a larger population each year) then why not look at the weaknesses and strengths of the largest urban centres and implement it into our own development?

To me the recipe is there: the areas are walkable, they have a good demographic, and the population already likes to visit even in the winter. Why not intensify it? Just food for thought.