View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I"m sorry, but no. You seem to think that the bracing is what makes this tower stand out. And if you believe that, then you believe that putting that bracing on any of the surrounding towers would make them great. And if you believe that, then your credibility on this issue is lost and you should go back into hiding. Again, this building wasn't made great by the bracing. It is the form of this tower which makes it stand out as the great piece of art that it is. Don't come at me about this building because of the bracing. You can tell me that you don't like pointy buildings. You can tell me that it should have been taller. But don't come at me with the ridiculous "bracing" angle, or any other such nonsense.
No, each of these propositions do not logically follow from the other. And, yes, I think the tower looks more striking with the bracing as originally rendered. No, not every tower needs them, and they certainly would not make every tower great. But they enhanced this one. Having said that, this tower remains stunning. This and 111 W 57th are most certainly my two favorite towers under construction (and possibly in existence).