Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Well I can kiss the idea of a new Jets jersey before the Phoenix game goodbye. Local store here (Calgary) has been told they're delayed until early November at least. I imagine Winnipeg will see some sooner - especially the Jets Gear store - but I bet it's at least 2 weeks away minimum.

Apparently it's partly due to demand: the initial jersey order (by the NHL? TNSE? RBK? Some distributor? I'm not entirely sure how this works) was put in for 25,000 jerseys, and then they asked all the retailers in Canada how many they each wanted. The order was quickly doubled to 50,000, then again to 100,000. Absolutely insane demand. Just about everywhere around here is doing pre-ordering for their entire stock and don't expect to actually have any on racks for potentially MONTHS.

Ah well, t-shirts will have to do for now.

Yeah that's handled by Reebok. Demand --> Retailers --> Reebok; Reebok --> Retailers, is the basic formula.

They have x amount of Jerseys being made at their factories, and priority goes to Winnipeg and surrounding area markets first (and what ever markets TSN Jets covers); so if the demand is bigger than expected in Winnipeg and TSN Jets market areas, then whatever was allocated for other markets like Calgary will be re-distributed here; thus, in this scenario, delaying Calgary to wait for the next round of factory fresh jerseys. This all still depends on demand and the area, so if Winnipeg sells out of the second stock, then yet again jerseys will be allocated to Winnipeg over Calgary. Its just because this is almost like a "new product launch", primarily for the Winnipeg market, so the highest ratio of sales during the initial period will be made in this market; it gets priority as a result especially during the new launch period. I think I made that more confusing than it should be, and there are tons of other factors involved but thats the basic gist.

And wow, just how many former Winnipegger's live in Calgary?

Maybe Jets games there will be like when the Riders show up at McMahon and half the stadium are ex-Sask'ers reppin' Riverville