View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 4:29 AM

Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Aren't the bodies in there extremely old? There can't be any living relatives to demand it's survival unless some famous French person lies there. And it's right in the center of the business district.
No, I don't think all graves in there are really old. It's not such an old graveyard and yet will be a pain to move. Especially when a couple of real historic graveyards in the central city are landmarks, the most famous being the Père Lachaise cemetery, yet another tourist attraction. I fear some may hold it as a reason to maintain this one as some sort of garden, for a funny grim walk, but it's just obviously unfit to the modern surroundings. I would easily understand if it was partly turned into an urban garden, but those many graves are out of place over that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Also is Place de L'Étoile really that bad when it comes to traffic? I thought roundabouts/traffic circles were... ya know... efficient? At least more so than regular intersections.
That one's large and confusing the 1st times you drive through. I can't really remember the rules to this particular one... If I recall correctly, right of way goes to vehicles getting in the circle, which makes an exception of it. Otherwise, it's not so inconvenient to local drivers who're used to it, but it's too many cars anyway. I once achieved the dumbest feat of crossing it on foot, as a stupid game of my early teens. It wasn't so hard and didn't even upset any driver, but I might have been lucky and wouldn't recommend it. Going through the dull underpass is still wiser. The need for a boring underpass is an evidence that this spot is too heavily loaded with traffic.