View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2011, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I don't see much value in it. I have a hard time calling them "artists", in my eyes they're vandals who have no respect for others. I know cities have experimented with legal walls but in many cases this has resulted in a further spread of graffiti into the surrounding neighbourhood. Cities need to invest more time in cleaning it up as soon as it appears - if the vandal knows it won't last long they'll eventually give up and move on. I remember when I was first in Montreal I was shocked at how terrible the city looked because it was everywhere.
@ Blitz, I contacted my local council member here in Windsor and made mention of the recent rise of graffiti in the Riverside area of town (where I'm located) and I got a reply that sounded very rhetorical and non engaging about how it costs municipalities thousands of dollars a year to clean up vandalism and that it's in part a private property owner's responsibility.

So basically it was a long winded way of her saying that I'm shit out of luck and it won't be getting cleaned.

I was a bit surprised. The councillor never even made mention of possibly getting the area policed a little more, or that maybe lack thereof could be a contributing reason to the rise in graffiti.

I was dissapointed and every day I still have to look at this useless crap. The strange thing though is the city is going through a process of 'beautifying major road arteries'. they are reconstructing all the medians along Wyandotte etc. yet the road itself is like driving over a bombed out afghanni road with graffiti on every light post and every 3rd or 4th building, how does that all make sense?