View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffronleaf View Post
I would like to see:

- Significant increase in the number of refugees admitted to Canada.

- Free university for citizens and international students.

- Permanent residency for international students who successfully graduate from a Canadian university.

- Significant increase in the annual immigration target, from the current 300,000 annually to 500,000 annually.

- Citizens of the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the US and France should be cap-exempt (meaning that immigrants from these countries won't count against the 500K target). Consider adding more countries to the cap-exempt list as time goes on.

- Relaxing the rules around family reunification and encouraging family reunification in general.

- General relaxation of requirements; shift gradually to a system where the default is that you will be allowed to move to Canada, but that Canada can reject applicants for cause (rather than the current system, where the default is that you are not allowed to move to Canada unless you are granted the privilege to do so at Canada's sole and absolute discretion with no recourse).

- International cooperation for the purpose of ensuring reciprocal recognition of credentials.
International students getting free tuition? I mean, money is the whole point in having them in the first place. I suppose if it were free we'd have to be more selective which would certainly be a good thing but...

I guess the reasons behind some of your ideas aren't as self-evident as you might believe.

How about encouraging Canadians to have larger families so you don't need to do any of the things you listed above?