View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2011, 7:48 PM
them bones

Thanks for the quick answer Cirrus.

I wouldn't even have advocated that it be a badged interstate, just a matching number. A similar circumstance that I can think of is the 210 in Southern California. It's a designated interstate from San Fernando down through Pasadena and out to San Dimas. An extension was built from San Dimas to San Bernadino (connecting to I-10) that opened in about 2006 or so that is named CA210. In doing so, an older portion that had been built in the early 90s in San Bernadino was resigned from CA30 to CA210. A short older section of I-210 from San Dimas to Pomona and the I-10 was renamed as CA57, which previously ended where I-210 connected to I-10.

Now that I think about it, the 110 in LA is the same, with both a badged interstate section and a state section (though the state section is not and never will be built to interstate standards).

(feels weird using the 'I' designation in that we here in Southern California refer to most freeways by number preceeded by 'the')

Since this freeway has no people working the tolls, what's the fine for travelling on it without a Fastpass (or EZpass or whatever it is)?