Old Posted Oct 20, 2008, 12:28 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Of The Park View Post
No restrictions?
nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Pride View Post
Was it hard to paddle upstream? Great photos. It would freak me out to be in such a tiny little kayak right next to huge barges and other boats.
for most of my journey, the river is really lazy with a very slow current that was easy to paddle against, but once i got north of the dam for the last 2 miles, it was pretty hellish. i won't be paddling that particular section of the river again. as for the bigger boats, you just gotta stay out of their way and huig the river walls. and once i was north of chicago avenue, i pretty much had the whole river to myself anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO_0121 View Post
good job, maybe in the near future, (not near, winter is about to be here) we can get together, and paddle the Chicago River
sounds good to me. since getting this folding kayak back in august, i've been on the river pretty much every weekend, so i'm always up for a river paddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO_0121 View Post
im hoping to buy a inflatable canoe or kayak.
inflatables are cool, but i would highly recommend a folding kayak like mine because they actually perform more like a hardshell kayak than inflatables. but they are more expensive, so cost is a factor. either way, you can't really lose. kayaking just plain kicks ass.