View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
Well, would you rather Atlantic Station pull a "Dewberry" and do absolutely nothing while waiting on the perfect opportunity to built a canyon of highrises?

I would much rather see Atlantic Station reinvent itself and provide what the market will bare right now, instead of playing the wait-in-see game.

Atlanta is witnessing the reinvention of several 'destination' places: Colony Square, Underground, Atlantic Station, Centennial Olympic Park, The Gulch, Peachtree Center, and Philps Plaza.

I think the addition of 3 smaller hotels will reinvigorate the foot traffic at Atlantic Station. Taller hotels would be great, but apparently, the market dictates otherwise.
I agree. 17th street, with all it's towers adding to the skyline, is the weakest link for the pedestrian experience at Atlantic Station. This project could go a long way to activating the street experience. The three corporate towers to the east have unfortunately failed in that regard, though they are nice enough to look at from the highway.

I think Atlantic Yards may not be successful from a pedestrian point of view because it looks like the entry sequence turns it's back on 17th street. I'm glad they're filling the missing teeth, though.