Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2018, 4:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
They won't take effect for another year but it is still a cost that will affect how we sign players who's contracts take effect next season. Stastny will look for more then a 1 year deal and we can't afford him past next season. I say we start with Roslovic at 3rd line centre. If either him or Little aren't carrying their weight by the deadline you try and trade for a another centre and move one of the two to the wing.

Our only saving grace is Myers and Mason aren't signed past next season which will open up 9.5 mil in cap space.
If we sign Trouba to a long term contract, similar to Scheifele, there is virtually no chance we keep three RHD around, all paid over $5,000,000. The Jets would move Poolman up to 3rd pairing D-man, and trade Myers.

I doubt the Jets sign Stastny long term, but if they do, there will be no room for Little, so the Jets have to decide who to keep around. My gut feeling is we will let Stastny walk.

It may be a good idea to keep Mason around, as he would be virtually untradeable, with his injuries, but would come in handy as a backup. Mason only has one year left on his contract anyhow. Hutch has been pretty vocal about being unhappy with his role with the Jets, and Comrie may never make it to the NHL except for the odd cup of tea.