View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 10, 2017, 9:59 PM
somewhere in-between

A few construction updates from today, mostly non - City of Kalamazoo projects this time around:

This is the new Consumers Credit Union Headquarters, going up in the "Groves Center". Designed by HOK, it's probably the most interesting thing being built in the area right now. It's a three-story glass structure that floats above the ground plane:

This is the new Cold Storage Warehouse at Pfizer. As you can see, it is a big concrete box:

These next four are of construction progress at Portage Central High School's new natatorium:

There's an attractive community garden tucked between two wings of the school:

Here's a peek inside the new Portage Pediatric Dentistry on Old Centre Road. It is pretty large:

The next three are of the Portage Memory Care facility, on Centre Avenue. It has been taking a while to wrap up:

Here's a view of the earthwork happening at Portage Northern High School, where new athletic fields and stadium are to be built:

A view of Trade Centre III - on the other side of I-94:

And these last few are of the Vicksburg Lee Paper Mill. I wanted to see if anything was happening there yet with the big redevelopment plans. Zero activity today, but there is some evidence that roof work was being performed recently:

I'll end with this tree stump, found in the cemetery behind the mill - it was huge! At least 7 feet in diameter. There were a few of about this size - pity they're gone now:

My size 12 feet...

Last edited by deja vu; Jun 10, 2017 at 10:11 PM.