View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
If I lived in Winston-Salem, I would seriously consider moving to Link Apartments Innovation Quarter. Patterson Avenue and Vine Street have likely seen the most construction and investment of any downtown streets in this development cycle? The difference from just a few years ago is really amazing. There are maybe 13 or 14 completed or proposed projects and 2 vision projects, in this cycle, within a 6 block stretch of Patterson Avenue. Now, the excitement and anticipation moves to Fourth & Patterson, where WFIQ would like to see apartments (one of the two vision projects for Patterson). Think of how amazing Bailey Park will be, once the Fourth & Patterson apartment and retail building is completed.

The old Nissen Wagon Works Castle is included in the IQ District. It's the headquarters for a creative company (Black Horse Studio) that was featured in one of their HUB articles. The building is also on their list of buildings in the IQ District. I think the building may have one or more condominiums on the top floor, but I'm really not sure? According to WFIQ, it was once a wagon showroom and a wagon repair facility (in the days before the automobile). I've heard the basement was a massive foundry, with multiple furnaces for metal work. This is a really awesome city.
Ok I see. I just wish it had a stronger presence. Maybe lighting or a ground floor business would do the trick.