View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 9:51 PM
Pay it Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
I've never been to or seen "beautiful downtown Livermore". Anybody got any pictures so we can understand this issue? What do the neighborhoods to be served look like? Are they just typical suburbia or is there any density (or possibility of transit-related development) to them?
I can see the lawsuits now. The proposed path if BART were to actually go into Livermore crosses near several very expensive housing developments. Think faux tuscany complete with vineyards. Not to mention Lawrence Livermore Labs is right there too.

As for Downtown Livermore,
its actually become a bit trendy.

They really are trying.

Quote:
I do disagree that there are no congestion problems on 580 between Livermore and Pleasanton. When I travel that stretch, usually early on a Saturday evening, it's darned heavy traffic though not heavy enough to go bumper to bumper. I can only imagine during rush hour on weekdays though.
Its really bad. 580 congestion has been written about in the NYT its so bad.

I personally would rather see BART ring the bay and go out to surrounding counties than an HSR from NorCal and SoCal.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost