View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 12:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg View Post
That development barely goes to Eddy, 3 streets north of Newport. And Wrigleyville definitely goes all the way down to Roscoe and up to Grace. Casey Moran's, The Full Shilling, Murphy's Bleachers, The Blarney Stone, and many others, including "Rockit Wrigleyville" are north of that block.

Besides, there isn't much on that block except a parking lot, a 7-11, a Starbucks, and the Salt and Pepper. Bar Louie and the sketchy memorabilia joint are being saved. I live 2 blocks away, and the area could use a hotel, and something definitely needs to be done about those almost always empty parking lots.
yeah... let's all split hairs as to where wrigleyville starts and ends.

this development has NO place on clark street.
can anyone really tell me they'd like to see from here, to here ERASED with some brand new bs?
and since when does wrigleyville need a hotel and MORE condos? i'm all for replacing the 7-11 and the empty lots with 1-3 story building, but a 9-story MEGA PLEX? this is just awful, and has no place in the community.

also, the starbucks isn't just some crappy building.
it's an original piece of chicago

...this isn't a part of chicago that is in need of new development. and besides, if the developer wants his huge project, why isn't the lot of 7-11 down to the starbucks big enough?

and btw, i too live in the neighborhood.