View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2017, 6:09 PM

Suburban Milwaukee news but wanted to post anyways...

Mayfair Mall plan for new restaurants hits snag

Quote:
The site is currently occupied by a 10-story office building that does not have any tenants. A proposal to tear down the office building and put in a single-story business is what prompted Wauwatosa officials to pause the project.

"Before we approve low-density projects we want to see that (the developer) is going to replace the density," Alderman Joel Tilleson said. "We have a good partner in Mayfair and we expect them to meet us halfway with our long-term plans."
I just found this interesting. They make a good point about tearing an office tower down to be replaced with some stand-alone restaurants. My problem with this is that they are arguing for increased density here yet across the street, they downsized a 5-STORY APARTMENT BUILDING because it was too dense. How does that make sense?

Very similar situation to what has happened in Milwaukee where "Alderman" Bauman "supported" the streetcar because it would promote increased density, yet he purposefully derails multiple skyscraper plans because they are too dense.

I'll don't understand these arguments.