View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 2:32 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
Exactly! Media will often only show the extremes.

The two women at that press conference were very odd. I have no idea who they are and only know that they are activists. How was the reporter being disrespectful but asking a question at a press conference?!? The way they snapped and used racial remarks was just so low. They definitely don't speak for or represent the vast majority of Indigenous people in Canada.
Perhaps not but in the leadership they've obviously spread the word recently that a more aggressive militancy is the way to go.

I am hearing a lot about it in my entourage. Living where I do I have lots of friends who are public servants - both at INAC and in other departments who deal with aboriginal issues. These days when the feds approach indigenous communities with (what the feds think is) good news they are received with lots of defiance and hostility.

Just last week a good friend of mine went to the official opening of this exhibition in Gatineau: http://www.mosaicanada.ca/

And one of the speakers was an aboriginal leader who went into a long rant about this being "our land and not yours", "you are guests here", "white people this and white people that".

So there is definitely something going on.