View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2008, 8:52 PM

My favorite building in NYC, perhaps my favorite building in the world. The only other stuff that comes close that I've personally seen, although very different, are ancient Mediterranean buildings. They symbolize the the pinnacle of engineering, art and wealth/power of their respective ages. Every time I'm in N.Y. I stare at her from afar b/c i think her beauty is best appreaciated from a distance. Last week my wife and I were in the city and even she ackowledged how cool a building it is (and my wife barely tollerates my love of buildings at all). Liberty 1, in my hometown of Philly, is a tribute to this monument and for years I hated it b/c it cannot possibly live up to what it is trying to immitate. I've gotten over it and now appreciate Lib.1 for what it is, a nice skyscraper.

Anyone know how they keep everything so shiny? Thise of you who wanted to sit on the gargoyle should apply for a shining job.
“The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.” -Charles Dickens