View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 8:31 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

@Aquablue;

Certainly there will have to come a point in the City's development--and for all I know is entirely possible now given the (inevitably) necessary amendments to current zoning regs--wherein the freedom to build in any form permissible by current engineering standards can, within a prefectly square parcel of porperty, be the norm.

If NY's bragging to be the premier alpha city in the world is to truly hold water, IMO more cutting-edge international architectural styles and tends will have to be accepted. And even further down the road, hybridizations of those styles can evolve...sort of an architectural extrapolation from the multicultural melting pot concept.

This whole complex, in a "prefect world" such as mine and (dare I assume) yours, would have met those standards and then some. This tremendous city is blessed with the pull to attract architects of great distinction and creative ability who can work with the antiquated, redundant constraints foisted on them and pull some kwazy wabbits out of their hats.

2ยข plus tax.